NextStar PLUS Software Options
Combined with nextScan scanners, the NextStar Workflow Software Platform can provide optimum speed and significantly reduce conversion costs by minimizing operator setup and QA, all while eliminating the need for rescans. All image data is captured initially in grayscale as a “Ribbon”, so image enhancements can be performed at the audit workstation, enabling optimum scan time and speed, quality of output and accuracy of the overall process. Understanding the NextStar platform will help you appreciate our newest software developments. NextStar Software is designed, built and supported by nextScan, Inc.
NextStar Software Provides:
- Reliable – no images are missed during scanning. All images captured in un-compressed 12 bit grayscale ribbon files
- Simple Intuitive User Interface – with best in the industry workflow drill down capability as required.
- Adjustable Contrast and Gamma Correction after scanning
- Capable of Capture and processing of Ribbons using un-compressed data to maximize image fidelity and OCR precision
- Automatic film classification and frame detection
- Standard 5 audit workstation license. Additional licenses can be purchased.
- Easy to read – Color Coding of Frame Detection Confidence and Black-Out Mode are visual aids for Audit operator
- Simultaneous scanning Audit, Indexing & QA inspection for enhanced workflow
- Versatile – Audit, Re-Audit / QA / QC capability and Indexing, Exception Routing and user definable processes in the workflow
- Localized Auto thresholding for bitonal images
- Economical & Easy to install – Utilization of standard PC workstations for Audit, Index & QA inspections
- Enhanced features – Rotate, mirror, crop, deskew, despeckle and edge enhancement filters, all post scan operations
- Tri-level blip detection – file naming for easier indexing with re-sequence & new-sequence capabilities
- Export for many ECM systems Output and Index support for most Document Management Systems.
- Full support – for Vertical Naming on Fiche including Multipage files
- Frame-by-frame – post process image enhancement option
- Push & Shove for Insert & delete of frames or images while maintaining file naming integrity
- Independent image enhancement settings multiple/individual output images
- Unlimited output image formats, definable after scanning, not limited to two types of files.
- Standalone or domain workflow, process management, exception handling/routing and reporting
- Authorization Management for Workflow control of permissions for operators.
- Suited for TWAIN-compliant paper scanners.
- Compressed Ribbons with the latest high accuracy/quality technique
- Index audit and correction tools for previously scanned ribbons
- Indexing for Roll & Fiche, based on sparse (document, instrument or case#) or page by page
- Additional QA and process tools to improve image quality and minimize image size
- High Definition Scanning – capture and output of 12 bit images for Archival purposes
- Supports Virtual Film™ indexing and preparation.
- Configurable workflow to include or exclude Audit, QC, QA, AQL etc.
- Configurable data entry modules
- Remote/offshore Auditing and Indexing tools available